Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Long Journey Ahead

Up and down, up and down, up and now. This is how I would describe my weight over the years. I've never been the skinny chick, but I've never been the biggest girl in the room...until now. Back in 1998, I was 17 years old, a freshman in college and weighed in at 123 lbs. Fast forward almost 11 years and it's a whole different story. I now weigh 200 lbs, perhaps a little bit more.

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would weigh this. I blame it on my lack of self control when it comes to making the right eating choices and on my unstable relationship with the gym.

When I got pregnant in 2008 and had my child in 2009, I vowed to start controlling my eating portions and start hitting the gym or doing an at-home exercise DVD. I started in the right direction and 6 months later I was in a car accident which led me immobile for quite some time. During this time I lost weight because I didn't eat and I didn't eat because I was depressed. Although I'm not depressed anymore, I try to avoid mirrors as much as I can because I truly can't deal with the image of my big, jiggly, wiggly body.

With this initial post I vow to get back on track to getting healthy, fit and looking good in a pair of jeans. With this blog, I hope to feel accountable towards any person who can relate to what I am going through.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emy,
    Glad you stopped over and commented or I wouldn't have known you had this blog started. Hey, you should check out the two sites I go to. Both are starting up new challenges this week. Plus size bloggers and Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. the Sisterhood one actually has us pairing up with buddies. I was going to have my hubby be my buddy, but if you are interested...let me know ASAP 'kay?

    ReplyDelete