Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring In 2 Action Challenge: Week 2


It's that time of the week where I come and share my week as a part of the Spring In 2 Action Challenge from Sisterhood of the Shrinking Pants.

Last week I officially started a vegetarian style diet.  I've cut out red meat, chicken, fish, eggs and I've kept milk and cheese to a minimum.  I thought it was going to be difficult, but I've found a new love in veggies, tofu, whole wheat pastas, fruit and textured protein.  Now I just need to work on portion control although I'm doing better than I normally do.  I have to give myself a high five for this!

On the other hand, I have sinned by eating like more than half a bag of mini Reese's pieces cups.  I am so weak, but then I got my period yesterday and already I feel like the cravings are gone.  By no means do I plan on falling victim to those treats again.  I have also noticed that I haven't been drinking as much water as I should so i definitely need to kick that up a notch.

Despite my up's and downs I did lose a total of 2 lbs.  For some it might not seem like a whole lot, but I feel ecstatic over the moon.  Now that I think of it, of I hadn't given into the bag of Reeses this last week I might could've lost some more weight.  I'm definitely staying away from sweets and keeping up with my cardio at the gym as much as possible.  For next week's weigh in I'm totally gunning for at least another 2 lbs.  I leave for Europe in May so my goal from here to then is to lose at least a minimum of 16 lbs {including the 2 I've already lost} I just need to stay motivated, but I'm sure with the help of my buddy Karen and everyone participating in the challenge it'll happen.

Initial weight {Wednesday March 2} 209.8
2nd weigh in {Tuesday March 8}     207.8


4 comments:

  1. You know, if it wasn't for stuff like the Biggest Loser we would realize that 2 pounds lost is great!! It is actually a healthy weight loss, so good for you. I have definitely seen an increase in the munchies right before my period too. I am surprised though at how easy it has been for me to stay away from the sweets. I found a great recipe in the Biggest Loser Cookbook that we tried today. Not for every day, but take reduced fat (we can't find reduced fat so used regular) graham crackers. Break them in half, place 2 tbs fat free cool whip on one half, cover with the other, freeze for a few hours and enjoy. I flavored ours with Nestle Quik. I actually preferred the plain though. And the flavored had more calories of course.
    Have you tried drinking 2 cups of water before each meal to help get the water in and fill yourself up. I also find it helpful to grab a glass of water when I feel the urge to nibble.
    So glad to hear the vegetarian thing is working for you.
    You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally caved this week too, thanks to that time of the month. the important thing is we keep our goal in sight and just jump right back up and keep truckin'! You are doing great and it is awesome that you are falling in love with your new eating plan! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are you talking about - of course 2 pounds is a lot!! :) great job. and to be rid of cravings? incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, Reese's! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete